naijafree.com is fully committed to ensuring safe buying and selling experience to all buyers and sellers. We do so by ensuring that:
- We protect you by hiding your emails address from the public to avoid spammer’s attack.
- We put these tips for you to be aware of possible dangers.
- We remove posts that are suspicious or the other users frown at.
- We constantly improve our technology to detect, prevent and eliminate inappropriate activities that may go on behind the scene.
- We encourage you to let us know the right and the wrong dealers by sharing your experiences – good or bad for further actions where necessary.
- We track suspicious or illegal activities to prevent the offenders from using this site again.
Precautions you must take to protect yourself:
- DO NOT PAY ANYONE UPFRONT FOR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES. YOU MAY GET SCAMMED. Pay for goods on delivery only.
- When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to insist on a public meeting place like a cafe or restaurant.
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going and share with them the contacts of the person you are going to meet.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Don’t go to meet a stranger by yourself alone. Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Never wire funds by western union, moneygram, or any other wire services to people you don’t know. Avoid using online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine.
- Remember fake cashier’s checks and money orders are a very common thing. Banks will cash them and make you responsible when they find out it is fake, some weeks later.
- naijafree.com will not handle third-party payments. We do not guarantee any transactions, provide escrow services, offer buyer protection, or offer seller certification. If anybody is presenting you with such things, they are scammer. Report any email claiming such to us immediately.
- naijafree.com will never send emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details to us, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Never give out your financial/security information, e.g., social security number and bank account details, PayPal account details, etc.
- Avoid deals that involve shipping or escrow services for large or high cost items.
- Long distant deals will expose you to dangers, please deal locally. Meet the seller in person, inspect the items to ensure you are satisfied with it before making payments.
- Exchange items and payment at the same time. For buyers, do not make any payments before receiving an item. For Sellers, do not send an item before receiving payment
- Trust your instincts. If it sounds too good to be true…it is and don’t believe it!
If you feel you have fallen victim of scam please report the experience to use immediately.
Take these simple Safety Tips and Prevention to help make naijafree.com safer for everyone.